Developing An Effective Approach For Your Assault Case
Assault and battery are recognized by North Carolina law as crimes in which a person uses a threat of force, or actual force, to harm or intimidate another person, either with or without a weapon.
What You Need To Know About The Different Types Of Charges
If you were arrested for participating in a bar fight, there is a good chance you will be charged with simple assault, a misdemeanor. Similar offenses involve domestic assault, child abuse and assaults against public employees such as police officers, judges and school administrators. When weapons, severe injuries or malicious intent are involved, felony charges can arise.
I am lawyer Frank Harper of Everett & Hite, L.L.P., in Greenville, North Carolina. If you live in or near Pitt County and any of these situations apply to you or a loved one, I urge you to contact a skilled and empathetic assault defense attorney for a free consultation today: 252-758-4257 or toll free at 877-290-6948.
Experience Matters When You Are Confronting An Assault Charge
In North Carolina, misdemeanor assaults are punishable by fines and/or imprisonment. Punishments are at the court’s discretion, as allowed by statute. Felony assaults are more serious and are accompanied by much greater fines and longer prison sentences.
Through my legal practice, I offer competent legal advice to individuals accused of committing a violent crime at the misdemeanor and felony levels such as:
- Simple assault, including bar fights, assault of a female, assault of a child younger than 12, assault of a teacher or assault of a police officer
- Assault with a deadly weapon, including assault using a dangerous weapon like a gun or knife
- Resisting arrest by a police officer
- Inflicting serious injury in an assault, such as during a robbery or burglary
- Threats of violence against peers, family members or law enforcement officers
- Domestic violence charges for matters related to disputes between spouses, people in dating relationships or family members
Hire me, and I can review your circumstances, develop a legal strategy, and work to determine if errors occurred in your arrest or charging. When possible, I will work to clear you of charges, reduce your charge level or reduce your punishment through alternative sentencing.
Don’t Delay When You Are Facing This Serious Issue. Talk To Me Today.
Contact me today by email or at 252-758-4257, 877-290-6948 toll free.