Protecting Your Best Interests In Your Federal Criminal Matter
If you have been charged with a federal crime, you want representation from an attorney with extensive experience in the federal court system. Sentences can be more severe for federal crimes than state crimes. The sentencing guidelines are completely different, as are the rules of procedure.
Experienced Representation In Federal Criminal Prosecutions
I am attorney Frank Harper. I represent people throughout eastern North Carolina who face criminal charges in federal court, including students at East Carolina University and Pitt Community College. I know that the criminal process can be intimidating and overwhelming, especially when you’ve never been there before. I take the time to fully explain the law and the process governing your case, as well as the strategy I believe will be in your best interests so that you have no question in your mind whether I will aggressively fight for your rights.
My Federal Criminal Defense Practice
I handle the defense of a broad range of charges in the federal district court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, including:
- Drug offenses — Possession, sale, distribution and drug conspiracy, involving all types of controlled substances such as marijuana, cocaine, crack, heroin and methamphetamines
- White collar and financial crimes — Embezzlement, money laundering, bank fraud
- Firearms violations — Unlawful possession of a gun
I will prepare and file all required documentation throughout a federal criminal trial and will be your advocate at trial or in plea bargain proceedings.
In the federal justice system, you may need a criminal defense lawyer as a result of a number of circumstances:
- You may have received a letter indicating that you are the target of a federal criminal investigation.
- You may have already been arrested and charged.
- You may have received a subpoena to appear before a grand jury.
- You may have been indicted by a federal grand jury.
- You may have been arrested for a state offense and had the charges referred to the U.S. attorney’s office.
I will carefully investigate the claims made by the government, as well as the actions of state and federal law enforcement officers, to uphold your constitutional rights. I will represent you throughout the process, whether you merely believe that you might be the target of a federal investigation or are already under arrest.