Your Defense Starts Here

Aggressively Combating Underage Drinking Charges

Students like to have fun, no doubt. But an action that might seem like a good idea today can come back and haunt a person in years to come.

If you or someone you know has been cited for underage drinking, it is important to take action to keep the record clear of a criminal conviction.

I am lawyer Frank Harper of Everett & Hite, L.L.P., in Greenville, North Carolina. In my practice, I often serve clients at East Carolina University and Pitt Community College, and students from other schools in eastern North Carolina who have received citations for underage consumption of alcohol.

I have successfully represented clients before student conduct and rights boards and in state courts for a range of student crimes.

For a free and confidential consultation, call me at 252-758-4257 or 877-290-6948 toll free, or contact me by email.

These Charges Have Long-Term Consequences

If you are younger than 21, it is illegal for you to possess, drink, purchase or attempt to purchase alcohol in North Carolina. Penalties differ from fines to jail and loss of driver’s license. While the immediate consequences for an underage drinking citation might not cause worry, the long-term effects should.

Colleges, graduate schools and employers perform background checks on potential candidates, and a citation for underage drinking will show up on your record. Paying the fine is not the best option. You need an attorney to help guide you through the legal process.

Fake ID And Supplying Alcohol Defense

If you are underage and buy alcohol using false or borrowed identification, or if you are of age and lend your identification to an underage person, your driver’s license can be suspended.

Further, if you buy — or help buy — alcohol for an underage person, you could be fined, sentenced to time in jail and lose your driving privileges for a year.

Negotiating for a better outcome than a fine for an underage drinking citation or other alcohol-related offense isn’t as difficult as you might think.

Whether or not your attempt is successful, a conscientious criminal defense attorney can help to expunge an arrest or conviction from your criminal record.

Get Started Developing Your Case Today. Contact My Office.

To learn more about your legal options in a no-cost, confidential consultation, call me in Greenville, North Carolina, today: 252-758-4257 or 877-290-6948 toll free. You can also reach me via email.